Welcome to our Fifth Grade Page
Due to COVID 19 School Closures, the fifth grade team will continue to engage our students via each teacher's Google Classroom. This is where your child's daily work will be posted. In addition, we will be using Readworks, Zearn, iReady, and Flipgrid. Your children all have access codes, but if you are in need of these codes and/or your child's usernames and passwords, please email or send a Class Dojo message to your child's teacher. We look forward to continuing to work alongside you in providing your children with engaging learning experiences.
Fifth Grade Newsletters
Each fifth grade class receives their own homework sheet at the beginning of each week. It is expected that each student places their homework sheet in the front sleeve of their blue homework folder. Homework will include math, word study, and reading/writing on a nightly basis. In addition, each student should be reading for at least 30 minutes per night. As the year progresses, students will receive login information for https://www.zearn.org/ and https://login.i-ready.com/. Once students have received this login information, please be sure your child is using these online resources on a weekly basis.
Reinforcing these routines will build responsibility and independence in preparation for middle school.
Contact our Fifth Grade Team!
- Realistic Fiction – Shiloh
- Depending on Each Other – Realistic Fiction, Biography, Expository Nonfiction, & Poetry (Scientific Content)
- Finding Courage – Historical Fiction, Biography, and Narrative Nonfiction (Civil Rights)
- Understanding the Universe – Science Fiction & Expository Nonfiction
- Social Issue Book Clubs - Realistic Fiction
- Fantasy Book Clubs
- The Research Report
- Argumentative Research Report
- Responding to Literature
- Social Issue Projects
- Module 1: Place Value and Decimal Fractions
- Module 2: Multi-Digit Whole Number and Decimal Fraction Operations
- Module 3: Addition and Subtraction of Fractions
- Module 4: Multiplication and Division of Fractions and Decimal Fractions
- Module 5: Addition and Multiplication with Volume and Area
- Module 6: Problem Solving with the Coordinate Plane
Social Studies Curriculum
- Geography and Early Societies of the Western Hemisphere
- European Exploration
- United States Case Study
- Western Hemisphere Cultures (United States, Mexico, Canada, Brazil)
- The Nature of Science
- Earth Science
- Patterns of Earth and Sky
- Modeling Matter