Welcome to Our Third Grade Page!
Due to COVID 19 School Closures, the third grade team will continue to engage our students via each teacher's Google Classroom. This is where your child's daily work will be posted. In addition, we will be using Zearn, iReady, Teacher Created Videos, and Google Meet. Your children all have access codes, but if you are in need of these codes and/or your child's usernames and passwords, please email or send a Class Dojo message to your child's teacher. We look forward to continuing to work alongside you in providing your children with engaging learning experiences.
Contact Our Team
Engage NY: https://www.engageny.org
Cluster Team Page: https://sites.google.com/view/clusterteacherwebsite/home
It is one of our grade team goals to ensure homework is relatable and helpful for student growth and success. Homework is a review of lessons taught during the school day, therefore, your child should be able to complete homework independently. Homework is checked daily by classroom teachers.
Homework will consist of the following, daily and/or weekly:
- Reading – Students should be reading for 25-30 minutes per night, increasing their reading stamina as the year goes on.
Students will respond to a prompt once, weekly.
- Math – Students will practice skills and strategies through a math worksheet.
Fact fluency practice will be assigned weekly.
- Spelling or Vocabulary – Students will be given spelling or vocabulary words at the beginning of each week. Throughout the week, students will be given nightly assignments with varied tasks for mastery of the assigned words. Spelling and vocabulary words are closely aligned with all content area subjects.
If your child is struggling with nightly homework, please reach out to your child’s classroom teacher.
Reading Units of Study:
- Unit 1: Building a Reading Life
- Unit 2: Studying Characters Across Series in Book Clubs
- Unit 3: Non-Fiction Reading - Reading to Get the Text
- Unit 4: Studying the Life of an Important Figure - Biography Book Clubs
- Unit 5: Social Issue Book Clubs
Writing Units of Study:
- Unit 1: Crafting True Stories through Personal Narratives
- Unit 2: The Art of Information Writing
- Unit 3: Response to Literature
- Unit 4: Changing the World through Persuasive Writing
Eureka Math Units of Study:
- Module 1: Properties of Multiplication and Division Solving Problems with Units of 2-5 and 10
- Module 2: Place Value and Problem Solving with Units of Measure
- Module 3: Multiplication and Division with Units of 0, 1, 6-9, and Multiples of 10
- Module 4: Multiplication and Area
- Module 5: Fractions as Numbers on the Number Line
- Module 6: Collecting and Displaying Data
- Module 7: Geometry and Measurement Word Problems